Here at Queen of Hearts and Modern Love, we sure do love to cook, eat great food, entertain and be around the company of our loved ones.
We also think that gifts, whether the holidays or otherwise, should always be special, unique and most importantly- memorable!
Knowing what kind of gift to purchase is half the battle. Here we have thoughtfully selected our culinary favorite items, for your five star husband cooking at home (what a catch!), your wise, hysterically funny grandmother who’s mastered the art of bread pudding, or your young nephew who aspires to become a world master chef. Putting together a few presents is a wonderful way to inspire and set them up for the new year. Well, what if YOU’RE a culinary aficionado? Even better, treat yourself!
1. Cooking From the Farmers’ Market Cookbook is a beautifully photographed and knowledgeable companion with 250 fresh recipes. You’ll learn about hundreds of fruit and vegetable varieties and when they are at their best seasonally. You’ll now know how to shop wisely at the farmers’ market, and most importantly how to store your fresh produce.
2. Just Tacos celebrates the versatility of the taco. Some people travel the world sampling and searching for the perfect taco, some people eat tacos for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It’s the art of the taco that has taken us into the food truck trend, fed those of us on a tight budget, and those learning how to cook tasty, nourishing meals for themselves and their friends, vegetarian and carnivorous palettes alike! If you’re making soft tacos or inspired to make tortillas, toss them right in these authentic little 7. Tortilla Baskets. Each one comes with it’s own classic tortilla recipe.
3. Macaroni and cheese, blueberry pancakes, chicken and dumplings, shepherds pie, beer-battered onion rings…we’d go on, but we don’t want you to drool all over your monitor. Comfort Food is a wonderful cookbook by Rick Rodgers full of warm and homey, rich and hearty recipes to keep you toasty and satisfied the whole year through.
4. These Bunny Salt & Pepper Shakers are too cute! What better way to set your table with these adorable little creatures. Smiling and always together, patiently waiting and always their for you when you need just a dash of seasoning to your food. When we say “unique” gift, this is just one of the things we have in mind!
5. Want to feel good and look good while you’re cooking? We sure want you to! Making cooking colorful with a floral oven mitten handmade in Mexico from Tesoros Trading.
6. Keep your thoughts and your liquids half full, using this positive Porcelain Pitcher! With a dependable liquid measuring item like this and a good attitude, your kitchen performance with always be on point! Pair it up with these novelty 9. Ruffled Measuring Cups.
7. See #2
8. Packaged in a charming, vintage inspired box, the Kitten and Yarn Salt & Pepper Shaker is an oh so very sweet gift, almost too sweet to even put out for actual use. A lot of our customers who purchase these salt & pepper shakers like to collect them to keep safe right in the box, who knew!
9. See # 6