Air plants are awesome. Unlike a pet or babies (which we do love as well!) , these little living creatures are low maintenance, cheap, and noiseless! Here at Queen of Hearts we carry a year-round stock of these wonder plants for only $4.95 a pop. Here are some go-to tips for caring for your little friend.
- Air plants love bright light, but not super hot direct sunlight.
- They prefer to be in a dry place with good circulation. Don’t leave your air plant in a super humid area like near the shower, because they might get soggy and rot.
- Once a week, toss them into a bath of clean water for an hour or more. Be nice and use rain, spring, filtered or bottled water, not tap water with lots of chemicals.
- If your air plant lives in a very hot and dry place, you may soak them in water for 3-4 hours – but don’t submerge them completely or they’ll drown.
- If your air plant has pretty flowers when you go to soak them, make sure you don’t submerge the flowers underwater.
- When you remove your air plants from their water bath, make sure to shake them out and let them dry upside down before putting them back into their homes.
- If the leaves start to close up, it means the plant wants to be soaked for longer.
Another awesome thing you can do to take your air plant to the next level is to create a terrarium. We have everything you need to make one of these little homes for your air plant, including hanging glass orbs , crystals, stones , and sand. Together they make the perfect centerpiece for any room. You can buy one of our pre-made ones for $24.95 , or you can choose your own crystal, plant, and holder to make your very own custom one!